Church Lane, Thoroton, Nottingham
About St Helena Church
St Helena’s Church has late Norman and early English architecture and underwent extensive restoration in 1868. The Church tends to be the focus of the village hosting the local events. The Village has restored 2 seventeenth century bells to a peel of six and the there is an active team of bell ringers. An overhead Halogen heating system has been recently installed in the church. In 2015, the Church obtained a Heritage Lottery Grant for essential masonry repairs and the installation of mains water, an accessible toilet and tea/coffee making point. We hold a regular Holy Communion Service at 9am on the second Sunday of each month and hold additional services for Christmas, Easter and Harvest Festival which are advertised in the Cranmer Group Newsletter, The Cranmer Group Facebook page and in the Blog section of this website.